Summer Student Program
Exceptional Summer Jobs for Students Available at Oasis for 2018
Oasis is hiring summer students this year. The students will publish a book and other resources, organize an Art Fair and otherwise raise awareness about how communities can address hunger and other social issues by direct action. The awareness raising will involve hands on activities (e.g., about food), interactive games (e.g., role playing) and arts and culture (e.g., paintings, music), for presentation to our community including:
- summer children’s day camps and recreational and childcare centres,
- seniors groups, and
- cultural associations (e.g., Spanish and Portuguese).
Students will work for eight weeks beginning no later than July 2nd, 2018. Oasis will provide a mentoring role as students develop their skills in English, the arts, research, applied computer and communication skills (e.g., internet, social media, public presentations to all ages) and have exposure to compassionate community service. Our funding terms offer priority to students from visible minorities and aboriginal groups and such students are encouraged to apply. Oasis intends to offer a unique summer job experience that will positively change students’ lives forever.
Oasis is a community centre that provides food to the Dufferin / Dupont (central-west Toronto) community, provides women’s counselling services, operates a Spanish Senior’s program, works with volunteers and educates the broader community on food and compassion issues. For more information go to the Oasis website at: www.oasisdufferin.org
To apply for this unique and exciting experience,
- Send an email to Richard Steinecke at email@example.com
- Setting out why you would like to be hired for this summer job
- Confirming that you are currently a full-time student and that you intend to return to full-time studies this fall
- Indicating whether you are a priority student (i.e., from a visible minority or an aboriginal group) and
- Providing your contact information.
For more information, contact:
Oasis Dufferin Community Centre
firstname.lastname@example.org 416 526-9402