Tuesday Community Drop-In
We are starting a new program at Oasis. Every Tuesday we open the doors to the community to drop in and "hang out". Janette prepares coffee while we watch a movie, put together a puzzle, listen to someone play the piano and just talk. During this time we help set the tables for the dinner that will start at 6:00. This initiative started in December where we watched Christmas movies. Many of our community members do not have a television or would simply be walking around outside in all kinds of weather.
To make this work, Oasis needs:
- Volunteers who are ready to listen, play cards, or even loan out their cell phones for a call.
- Someone to fix the piano in the basement so that all of the keys work and it is "kinduv" in tune.
- Coffee, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Snacks. Cubed cheese is a big favourite.
- Financial sponsors. Right now we are doing this entirely on our own.
Then stay for the Community Kitchen dinner at 6:00 pm and, even, the cleanup afterwards.
Thanks for your support!