The most important activity of Oasis is its volunteer program.
Volunteers bring together the broader Oasis community in a shared purpose. It is the growth of our volunteers where Oasis sees its biggest impact. Whether it is the Bay Street lawyer who spends time to develop genuine relationships for the first time in decades or it is the recovering addict who has gotten his first permanent full-time job in years, volunteering at Oasis is life changing. We all learn to respect each other's resilience and skills.
Current volunteer needs include the following:
- Food Bank intake and distribution workers (Wednesday mornings)
- Drop-in Centre enablers (Tuesday late afternoons)
- Community Kitchen participants (Tuesday evenings)
- Food Truck unloaders and packers (Tuesday mornings)
- Drivers to pick up donated food (Tuesdays)